Our backyard! Photos taken November 2011
|(above: back gate)|
(above: our loverly, spacious shed)
(above: view of back yard from deck. note: poor, brown cedar...)
(above: view of yard and little magnolia from left fence. LOVE the magnolia)
(above: view from rear fence)
(above: view of side patio off dining room)
Out Back To Do List
Pray that our beautiful big cedar is still alive - pretty please?Turns out it was NOT a cedar as we were told, but a balding cypress. Yay! Remove dead limbs from magnolia Clear rocks/pebbles from flower bed near rear gateMostly...from our veggie garden anyway.
- Plant some veggies in bed by rear gate. We planted tomatoes and jalapeno last year.
Repair loose panels along rear fence Attempt to remove old fencework from rear left corner flower bedWhat we could anyway. Get soil and fill holes in beds/yard Clean out rear flower beds completely
- Repair sprinkler system
- Clean out gutters (on neighboring house)
- Install lattice work to cover the underneath of shed and deck
- Sand and repaint deck
- Plant drought/butterfly/Texas friendly plants in flower bed (did this last year and we got an awful caterpillar infestation...so we need to do it again. SIGH)
Remove large hooks from rear fence (What the heck are those for anyway?) Get a smaller smoker to replace our insanely huge one.Went with a propane grill instead, cause smoker flames make me nervous with our houses so close together.
- Have BBQ and Enjoy (lots)