Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Project Life: Weeks 6 and 7

Thanks for all the lovely comments I received last week! I'm so glad everyone likes my pages.

I did a lot of hand journaling for these two weeks. I don't really like using my handwriting in scrapbooking usually...because I panic when I mess up, but I decided to just deal with it this time and I really like how these pages turned out.

Week 6:
 
Page 1:
 I really like the warholized picture on this page. If you want to warholize yourself check out Warholize Me out. It's fun just to play around with.
 
Page 2:
 Had fun doodling on one of the journal cards and even more fun doing a blanket stitch around another. The embroidery is all using thread from my husband's grandmother's stash...including the embroidered journal card. :o)
 
Week 7:
 We were on our second week of being miserably sick...I went through emails from this week and week 6 and it was just awful and sad. I'm not sure how I managed to get any decent pictures. We did get better at the end of this week which was great because I would have been heart broken if we missed The Color Run. I found an album kit I received ages ago when I was getting monthly packages from Club Scrap and the page protectors were PERFECT for our racing bibs. Yay!
 
Page 1:
 This was the week of Valentine's Day. My husband had off, but I'm pretty sure all four of us spent the day on the couch...only moving if we absolutely had to. Hubby did post a Game of Thrones Valentine on my Facebook wall though. We finally got better just in time for The Color Run.

Page 2:
The Color Run. LOVE this page. LOVED the run. Took most of my journaling for it from when I blogged about it HERE. Totally doing this again. Doing this page really made me remember how much fun we had.
 
I'm linking up to Project Life Tuesday over at The Mom Creative.
 

The Mom Creative

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the muted colors on your pages and the simplicity!! I really struggle with keeping thing simple and not cramming tons of stuff on each card!

Katie said...

I applaud your efforts to get your own handwriting onto your pages. I don't really like seeing mine on scrapbook pages but Project Life is a great way to take baby steps into including it. I enjoy incorporating my own onto my pages and even when I don't love how it turned out I just think that years from now seeing examples of my own handwriting will be much more important to my kids and theirs than if I used a really cool font.

Nirupama said...

Fun pages! Great quote about love stories. The color run looks awesome, kind of like our festival Holi combined with a race?

tammie said...

doing the color run is on my bucket list!

Lisa Johnson said...

That's awesome that you included your own handwriting. I ♥ looking back at my Grandma's handwriting and I'm sure your kids and grandkids will love getting to see your handwriting, too.

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

I love the embroidery and doodles! And the color run looks like a lot of fun; I keep hearing people talk about it, so I might need to look into running it...

Sammy said...

yay for starting project life!
we have the color run here too but i'm not for paint all over haha it looks fun though!