Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Birthday Party

Yesterday, my sweet Munchman turned FOUR. I've been having a little trouble dealing with my kiddos getting older this year. I love watching them grow and learn, but my heart breaks that they aren't babies anymore. Munch insists that he is a BIG kid.

A month or so ago, Munch decided he wanted a Halloween Party for his birthday. I was SUPER excited. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
First, Lyndon helped me put together an invite.
 We used a Celebrate Card Template from Scrapping with Liz and a mix of several different Halloween freebies I've collected over the years. I tried to list them all but it is quite a list so if you have any questions on them, PLEASE feel free to ask.
I stressed forever about the cupcakes at the party...and failed to get a single picture. Then when I was putting this post together I realized I really didn't get as many detail shots as I would have liked. But here they are.
 The monster cake pops were my favorite. I made red velvet - chocolate chip pops...so they had a fun red center...and did you know you can buy edible eyes? I didn't...so I was excited when I found them.
Instead of favors I set up the kitchen table with foam pumpkins and stickers.The kids had a blast decorating them. Papa stuck some on the kitchen window and Nox has been calling it our pumpkin patch all day.

For more ideas check out my Halloween Pinterest Board. I recommend the Scarecrow Crunch. My boys (including the hubby love it!)

I was an exploding ball of stress right before the party, but it really was so much fun.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, the cutest Halloween cake pops ever!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

How adorable are they :) looks like he had a blast!

Stephanie said...

Happy 4th bday to your little one! Looks like it was a great party! Love the Halloween theme!

Nirupama said...

Sounds like we were in the same boat! Happy birthday to your big boy. You did a Fab job with his party. I totally want to tey a halloween theme next year. Here is a thought to comfort you, because our boys are fall babies they will be home with us almost an extra year before college :)

alisha said...

The party was a blast! And the cake pops were awesome (and delish!). Can't believe our kids are all another year older! We will miss ya'll tomorrow at T-Buddy's party! We must have that birthday playdate soon!