Friday, June 21, 2013

First Day of Summer


I hope everyone is having a glorious 1st day of Summer. I did have some outdoor fun planned for this morning, but our backyard is a jungle at the moment and I get eaten alive, so we skipped that. 

In celebration of Summer I thought I would make a list of things I would like to do...in no particular order.

Step outside the borders of Texas…even if it’s only to take a U-turn in Oklahoma….it’s been 5 years since I left the state. Thankfully, Texas is massive.
Maine 2007 - not happening this year, but I'm allowed to dream. 
See fireworks with the boys
4th of July 2010
Dallas World Aquarium
2011 - look how teenie Munch is!
Water fight
June 2010
Tie-dye day
Our last day was in July 2010!

$1 movies
This week...but not actually a $1 movie...Epic was awesome though :o)
Frisco Discovery Center
Last Year
Enjoy a 1st Saturday in Dallas Arts District

Last Summer

Write letters to my favorite girl
Little Sis and I, last weekend. 
Lots of reading and learning with the boys

Update my summer reading list. Almost done with A Dance With Dragons. I want easy and fun reads. Any tips?

Take the boys bowling…I don’t bowl…where is a good place to bring a 4 and 2 year old?

Make a summer wreath for my front door.

Make my Mimi’s Strawberry Shortcake.

Ice Cream Social

And apparently I need to work on scrapbooking, because it's driving me nuts that all the old photos I used in this post haven't made it off my computer. :o/

What do you have planned for the summer?

6 comments:

Miss Angie said...

Sooo cute!

I need to come back and finish doing your blog! I'm so sorry! Life got out of hand.

Also your comments are no-reply again.

Unknown said...

I love your list! Might have to do one of my own!

Kayla said...

I love you NEW header.What about a local fair? or the Fort Worth Zoo? As for books do you like paranormal reads?

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is such a nice little post with your summertime memories.

We are planning on going to the lake most weekends, and Shelley is working on some tutoring over the summer.

She decided she wants to compete in another horse show in July (it will be sooooo hot!)...

That's about it!

xo,
RJ

Nirupama said...

Great list :) I am working on ours. I read a whole slew of sci-fi books recently called the wool series. If you haven't read World War Z, it's another great read. If you are into random girly books, I just started According to the Pattern which is delightfully old fashioned and cute.
I totally need to get back into scrapping too but the whole lack of preschool thing has thrown me for a loop this summer. Good luck with your adventures :)

alida.post said...

Love seeing how you spend summer. Those tie-die t's look awesome. Never left your state for 5 years? There must be a lot to do. Greetings from South Africa!