Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Things on Friday

1. Starting off with FAF again. Still not exactly happy, but a little more hopeful.

2013 Starting Weight: 165
Last Weigh In: 165
Current Weight: 165
Gained This Week: 0
Total Lost: 0
2013 miles as of last week: 137.28
Miles logged this week: 4.32
Total Miles Logged: 141.6
John and I have been helping each other get up in the morning. A walk hasn't happened every day, but we are getting there. 

2. At the BBQ last weekend I was snapping a couple pictures and one of my best friends tried to get out of having her picture taken with her beautiful little girl. I got the picture, but her initial reaction made me sad. I love looking back at pictures of my childhood and seeing my parents AND grandparents in pictures with me.  I don't always remember the day or moment in the picture, but my heart fills up just seeing and knowing that they were there. I was reminded of this article by Allison Tate: The Mom Stays in the Picture and also of Aleida's Challenge (please head over to Plucky Momo to read about it.) The kiddos in your life honestly don't care if you think you are fat or if you aren't dressed to the nines. They don't care if you are all sweaty from working out or if your hair is a disaster. They just know they love you. Please don't shy away from being in pictures with them. If I shied away from pictures I would have none of Munch and I when he was tiny. 

3. I've been potty training (my FOUR year old - SIGH) and weaning my two year old off his binkie today. Two of the least fun things I have encountered in parenting so far. I will be having a glass of wine tonight. 

4. Picture of the week:
That's pose is Munch's current go to. Goofy.
5. Melissa over on A Vegas Girl at Heart gave her readers a heads up on Hobby Lobby's 40% coupon combined with their current shipping special of 1.95....with their new Project Life stock. I totally took advantage. Check out Melissa's post HERE. Just a note, you can only use the same code ONCE per day. I tried a couple different codes on a couple orders...so I'm hoping I'm good. Cross fingers!

4 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I have always shied away from the camera. I don't know why...my mom said I used to scream when I was little while having a photo taken by anyone. It hash;t had anything to do with weight or anything else. Now I tend to take a the photos.

I need to relinquish the camera to others a bit more I'm afraid!

xo,
RJ

Katie said...

Good reminder to be in the photos too! I often try to skip out.

Katie said...

Good reminder to be in the photos too! I often try to skip out.

Nirupama said...

Keep going! You will get there :) I just gave up sugar a few weeks ago. Apparently there is sugar in everything! If I have a little bit here and there I guess that is okay. Still hoping for the weight loss to kick in too. Good luck with potty training. Best feeling in the world when you get there (and you will!).