After searching through some free embroidery patterns and some patterns I already had in my stash John helped me pick out a good project to complete.
For this pattern I used General's Iron On Transfer Pencils for Fabric. I have used transfer pencils before, but I don't think these were it. It took several tries to get a halfway decent transfer onto my fabric and even then it was a little wonky. I had to wing alot of the pattern for my female skull, but I this so far it's turned out pretty well. I'll use the pencils again, but probably only if I have a simple design to work on.
I can't wait to finish it. The plan is to frame it and hang it next to my awesome spool cabinet.