Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sham Rock

I decided it was finally time to try out some freezer paper stencils. Not as scary as I thought, but the cutting took forever because I had to get everything perfect and I was so worried about screwing up. I didn't have the right color fabric paints so I just went with acrylic. The shirts are a little stiff, but it's not too bad and the shirts have been through the wash a couple times without any problems.

We got the chance to show the shirts off at NTIF this past weekend. It's always nice to overhear people say how "cool" they think your crafty projects turned out. :o)
I got the idea for these shirts from All the Small Things. I love how they turned out. Punkin Patterns has a great tutorial on freezer paper stenciling if you want to check it out: here.

3 comments:

alisha said...

LOVE THEM!

BTW... I'll have to show you what I got to cut mine. It's still time consuming cause you have to take your time or mess up, but it's the best tool I've found for it so far!

Brandy@YDK said...

they are totally adorable! LOVE

Angie's Spot said...

Adorable shirts!

I get emails from a site called "You Can Make This" and they have some cute stuff featured. Are you familiar with them?

We had a JoAnn's open here recently and I made my way over there and actually bought a pattern for an apron. I'm dying to have one! Now I need to figure out how to read the pattern and buy fabric. LOL! Baby steps, right?! :-)